Qualifications / Requirements
- Sailing Experience as Master or C/O on tanker vessels.
- DPA / CSO course certificate.
- Good communicator and leadership/management skills.
- Experience with incident/Accident investigation.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure as well as demonstrate excellent reasoning and analytical skills is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written.
- Arabic speaking will be an added advantage.
- Strong MS Office skills
Job Responsibilities (But not are limited to the following)
- All Operational matters related to the ships.
- Monitoring all matters related to cargo operations, including Tank cleaning. Attend ships and sail for suitable periods to assist in Tank cleaning/Cargo ops/Audits /Inspections when required.
- Maintaining and calculating “Speed and Performance” for ships and compiling “Off Hire” Statements.
- Assisting the Dept Head in monitoring cargo related incidents and maintaining database of same . Following up to its logical conclusion.
- The Ship Operation activities of vessels allocated to his care including:
- Day-to-day vessel communications and instructions to the Masters and liaising with inter department personnel in office.
- Being the First Point of Contact (F.P.C.) with the ship.
- Liaising with Charterers as appropriate.
- Monitoring of vessel performance and initiating actions with Master or Tech Superintendent.
- Assist FP dept, in interviewing / approving Master and Deck Officer candidates
- Responsible for updating HVPQ (including Crew matrix) in the SIRE / CDI System. Updating Q88 Records
- Arranging CDI Inspections and responding to the Findings.
- Co-ordinate with QHSE Dept in close-out of Findings/Deficiencies as reported in:
- Incident/Accident reports
- Co-ordinate with Marine and Tech Supdts in close-out of Findings/Deficiencies as reported in: Self-Assessment Reports
- Third party Findings (Flag State, Classification Society etc)
- Assist QHSE and Fleet Manager in compiling various Statistics for KPI / Vetting / Accident, Incidents / Near Miss/Non Conformity/ PSC Records etc.
- Any other duties which the Dept Head may assign.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying ‘GSM/CR/19/05-Ship Operator’ in the Subject