QHSE & Crew Coordinator
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience will be beneficial
- Experience with Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of Maritime security
- Experience with incident investigation
- Strong MS Office skills -Typing skills, Windows 10, Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
- Additional: Crew Administration and Payroll System
- Able to deal with crew and passengers in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – in English
- Good organiser and communicator and feel comfortable working with crew of different nationalities.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work to established standards
- Should have minimum 2 to 3 years experience in Shipping & Marine Industry
Job Responsibilities (But not are limited to the following)
- Maintain QHSE records related to SIRE, CDI, PSC, Flag and Class inspections.
- Maintain record of NM NC and Haz reports
- In charge of Technical library and maintain inventory every Quarter
- In charge of dispatching company mail to the ships. Maintain record of QDT forms.
- Assist in circulation of Safety and Technical bulletins within the Fleet and maintain their Records
- Assist in Record keeping during the Ship/Shore safety drills. Compile Minutes and circulate as advised by Manager
- In charge of company Stationery. Will maintain an Inventory and re-order stationery from the printers as necessary. Will control the supply of company stationery to the Fleet
- In charge of outfitting new ships with all SMS Manuals and company stationery etc
- In charge of Newslink Bulletin supply to the Fleet
- In charge of Entertainment DVD supply to the Fleet
- Assist with the Revision process of company SMS Manuals
- Assist Marine Supdts in day to day work
- Assist in maintaining data Base of Near Miss/Non Conformity/ Accident/Incidents
- Maintain effective QMS for the group companies and facilitate the QMS audits.
- Get quotes and raise requisitions related to QHSE dept.
- Understand Piracy and High Risk – Maritime Security
- Any other task that the Manager shall assign
- Manning and manpower development for GSM managed ships, ensuring that ships are manned in accordance with Company Policy and Flag requirements.
- Ensuring that ship staff are in possession of valid Certificates as per National and Flag State requirements, taking into account the type of Ships
- Compiling ship staff onboard and vacation schedules.
- Overview of sea staff Conditions of Service and the payment of salaries for seafarers. Negotiating reviews of Terms and conditions with relevant manning agencies.
- Checking of Master’s wage returns. Supervision of Fleet payroll.
- Monitoring the standards of sea staff and assessing their Appraisal reports.
- Responsible for all P&I matter relating to personnel (incl health).
- Sea staff discipline. Investigate and follow – up all reports of breaches of discipline in the fleet.
- Liaising with manning agencies to ensure seamless operations are conducted wrt ITF and other bodies.
- Crew costs – Compiling crewing costs for budgets and new business quotes.
- Monitoring the welfare – Responsible for seafarers’ welfare and ensuring that the Fleet Manager is kept informed in case of sickness, injury or death of seafarers.
- Implementation of STCW 95 regulations and verification of certification.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying ‘GSM/CR/19/09- QHSE/CREW’ in the Subject