Purchasing Officer (Marine Industry)
Qualifications / Requirements
- Applicants should have solid experience in procurement and relevant qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a purchasing role in maritime industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing applications is also required.
- Well-developed communication and negotiating skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this role.
- Fluency in English
Job Responsibilities (But not are limited to the following)
- In-charge of daily purchasing needs such as processing request, reviewing quotations, placing orders and following up on Purchase Orders delivery and shipment schedule.
- Handle the procurement for the vessel under the supervision of the Superintendent.
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and oversea vendors.
- Arrange for clearance of international shipment with the help of appointed agents
- Prepare shipment for overseas freight for repair.
- Maintain proper filling for all the requisitions specially in the Order Star and Bassnet System
- Liaise with the operation department and freight handlers for smooth deliveries for sea and air freight shipments
- Coordinate with the crew, technical superintendent and suppliers to ensure that correct items are supplied at best quality and prices as per requirements
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the vessel requirements and expectation.
- Arranging and reviewing all the invoices issued by the vendors for payment.
- Coordinate with the sub-contractor if any repair needed by the vessel
- Periodical visits onboard vessel in order to communicate with the crew directly and build up a good relationship.
- Updating vessel monthly technical reports
- Preparing the requirements for navigation license application
Please send your CV to email@example.com by specifying the ‘JOB CODE’ and ‘JOB POSITION TITLE’ in the Subject